Okay ….. we are now officially into the typical real estate slow down time of the year. If you look at the CMA to the right of this post, you will see that most of the numbers indicate a slower market. Our Sold properties in Kingsburg went from 12 in October to only 6 in November. Price per square foot dropped down from $130 to $119 PSF. Our inventory has gone up and sales have went down. We still don’t have a lot of inventory, and homes are staying on the market a little bit longer. All these up and down numbers are indicators of a slower market.
This is the best time of the year to evaluate sales over the past 11 to 12 months and to put together a marketing strategy for 2015. Every year at this time, we write out our marketing plan so that we make sure we reach out to current clients and potential clients at least 4 times per year. Social media has become a big part of our marketing too.
Here are some winter preparedness tips for the months ahead from our friends at Service Master Advanced, especially for those of you who own property in the mountains:
- Set your thermostat to a consistent temperature day and night ….
- If you aren’t going to be home, set temp no lower than 55º
- Open kitchen and bath faucets to circulate air
- Allow kitchen and bath faucets to run slowly to avoid freezing
- Run water occasionally during the day to avoid freezing
- Wrap uninsulated the pipes with foam or self-adhesive insulating tape
- Keep doors open between heated and unheated rooms
- Make sure you know how to shut off all water valves if a frozen pipe burstMaster
We all wish you and your family the Merriest Christmas ever and truly hope 2015 brings you Prosperity, Joy and Happiness …… from the staff at The Housing Connection and New Era Financial.